Special Policy Areas

Special policy areas that the Prosecuting Attorney's Office handles can include but often do not include child custody interference and bad check cases. 

Non-payment of child support is handled by either a private attorney or the Idaho Attorney General's Office.

Landlord-tenant disputes are handled by private attorneys. Find more about landlord-tenant disputes in the Idaho Attorney General's Landlord and Tenant Manual English (PDF).  Landlord and Tenant Manual Spanish (PDF).

All of these matters are traditionally handled in civil court. Only cases meeting specific guidelines are handled by the criminal courts. 

More Information

For more information regarding Child Custody Interference, please refer to Idaho Code 18-4506

For information regarding non-payment of child support and landlord-tenant laws. please refer to the Idaho Attorney General's Office.