Drivers License & Concealed Weapons Permits

We accept Credit / Debit cards with a 3% plus $1 charge to your card.

Documents Needed for Driver's License

  • Documents Required for Commercial Drivers License - New and / or Renewals must bring in a Certified original birth certificate or valid Passport.
  • Documents Required for Drivers Training Permit - Student must be enrolled in drivers training program, certified original birth certificate (COBC), verification of compliance (VOC) from the high school, social security card, and a photo ID (year book or activity card, etc.)
  • Documents Required for Learners Permit - Certified original birth certificate (COBC), social security card, and a photo ID (year book or activity card, etc.). You must be 17 years of age or older. If you are 17 years old, you must provide proof of school enrollment or proof of completion. You must first pass the class D written test in order for a permit to be issued, which allows you to drive with a passenger who holds a valid Idaho driver’s license and who is at least 21 years of age. Learners permit is good for 180 days.
  • Driving Test - Contact information to schedule a test.
    • Delray Plat - 208-257-3563 - Weiser and Cambridge
    • Greg Stutzman - 208-739-0343 - Fruitland
    • Janine Cisler - 208-642-6196 - Payette
    • Nicole Clark - 208-549-4038 - Weiser
    • Phil Duerr - 208-642-7185 - Payette (Motorcycle)
    • Wes Sessums - 208-405-8914 - Fruitland
    • Wes Sessums - 208-405-8914 - Payette and Fruitland (CDL)
  • Proof of Age and Identity - If you have a valid, state-issued driver’s license or a state-issued ID card to surrender that meets the conditions of a primary document. If you do not have a state-issued driver’s license, you must provide documents to verify your age and identity, and must contain your full legal name and date of birth.
  • Proof of Idaho Residency - Can be shown with documents such as lease or rental agreement, utility bills, employment records containing your name and physical Idaho address, school enrollment records, etc.

Online driver’s manuals are available at the Idaho Transportation Department website.